At a Glance
Following an extensive tender process Birmingham Development Corporation awarded Dragon Infrastructure Solutions its first major contract to install the electricity distribution network for The Cube, one of the UK’s largest and most high profile developments.
Working right in the heart of Birmingham city centre, our solution had to support a vast array of retail, office and residential space across 30 floors, and make best use of existing infrastructure. We extended the SSE embedded IDNO network, delivered 1.8 miles of offsite infrastructure, fitted out 4 substations well below ground level, and installed all the lateral and riser cabling to the individual meters, plus our team worked over 350m within an existing underground mail tunnel - all to time and budget.
- Retail, office and residential connections
- Work from 7 floors below ground level to 23 floors above
- Extension of the SSE embedded IDNO network to supply the Cube
- Creative design and utilisation of an existing underground mail tunnel
- Installation works carried out over 350m within the tunnel
- Installation of 4 substations located below ground level
- Internal connections including risers
- Offsite civil works 1.8 miles.