At a Glance
Redrow Homes had planning permission to build 115 properties on a mixed residential development at Aston Road, Shifnal. This included associated highway works, the formation of open space, boundary treatments and drainage infrastructure.
Redrow Homes appointed DragonIS in December 2013 to design and build the entire infrastructure solution for the development. This involved a load of 250kVA and installation of both gas and electricity infrastructures, as well as liaising with the IDNO, ESP Electricity.
DragonIS not only delivered to these requirements but also came up with a solution which gave Redrow Homes some valuable additional benefits. For instance by establishing an LV connection, the show homes could be connected first – a key benefit for the developer who was keen to begin selling the properties as soon as possible. In addition to this, DragonIS negotiated with the DNO, WPD, to divert a pole mounted transformer, reducing the cost of this part of the project by 50%.
- Connected 115 properties for client
- Required load of 230kVA
- Customer was Redrow Homes
- Designed and installed gas and electrical infrastructures
- Flexible in process, connecting Redrow show homes
- Quoted to divert a pole mounted transformer
- Negotiated WPD to divert a pole mounted transformer at 50% of the cost
- DNO was WPD
- IDNO was ESP Electricity