PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Dragon Infrastructure are licensed to design and install electricity distribution networks for all distribution network operators (DNOs) and independent distribution network operators (IDNOs).
The Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and planning associated with contestable connections for LV/11kV Installations. The candidate will become an essential member of the Design Team, to produce technical designs, route maps and schematics. Excellent opportunities to develop a career and progress into other areas of the business.
Although this will be a main part of the responsibilities, the successful candidate will also assist in producing drawings to go with all onsite work instructions, tendering plans and traffic management works.
- Production of electrical designs that can be constructed in compliance with DNO/IDNO standards and CDM requirements
- Produce effective designs, which conform to all relevant Codes of Practice and company and industry standards in conjunction with Civil Design.
- Oversee and contribute to the production of technical, commercial and contractual documents for procurement of engineering products.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations and company procedures.
- Supporting other members of the team to enhance their technical knowledge and experience.
- Provide an excellent service to the customer.
- Work as a team player in a dedicated team of Designers and Tendering Engineers.
- Liaise with the operational teams to ensure a smooth process from initial enquiry through to final connection and project closure.
- Comply with the requirements of the designer as determined by the CDM Regulations.
- Ensure design eliminates any hazards which may give rise to risks; and reduce risks from any remaining hazards.
- Ensure designs provide sufficient information as will adequately assist clients, the projects team, other designers and contractors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- Proven Relevant Experience in the Distribution Industry
- Autocad trained
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word / Excel
- GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Proficient in the use of WinDebut
- A strong electrical engineering background and experience in electrical engineering is essential.
- Knowledge of power system and protection design.
- The ability to work with external engineering organisations and customers/stakeholders, Distribution Network Operators (DNO) and Independent Distribution Network Operators (IDNO) to best effect.
- A good safety culture and sound understanding of Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations and their application in this role.
- Ability to work unsupervised, set and comply with own targets, and identify and implement innovative cost saving solutions.
- Good team working skills
- A good level of business, environmental, safety, financial, and regulatory awareness together with a general appreciation of financial reporting systems.
- Proficient in the use of Autocad, Microsoft desktop applications, in particular: Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, and be competent in written and oral communications.
- Experience in the Electricity Distribution Industry, preferable but not essential.
- Distribution Design Software (PSS Sincal, IPSA, DigSilent, etc)
HOURS OF WORK:
40 hours per week
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Health Care Plan
- Perkbox benefits
- Life assurance
- Excellent opportunities to develop a career within a growing company
Along with your CV, please send a covering letter explaining why you think this is the job for you and which qualities you have that will benefit Dragon IS
Applications will not be considered without a covering letter, and you may need to include your covering letter in the same fle as your CV.
Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
The closing date for this position is Friday 28th September 2018
Apply for this position All fields required
Apply for this position
All fields required